Children of Aulë by cuarthol, Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by the marvelous and painful insights in Not As Equals by Zdenka which rejects the Sindarin claim of mistaking the Petty Dwarves for animals.

I hope you read that story as well, and consider leaving a comment or kudos if you enjoyed it!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A moment between those known by others as Petty Dwarves.  Their name for themselves is unknown.

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Understory

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 101
Posted on 5 January 2024 Updated on 5 January 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Children of Aulë

(100 words according to google.docs)

Read Children of Aulë

The small fire lit the glade with a gentle glow, lending warmth and comfort to the figures seated there around.

Næfr hummed a tune so old that none now remembered the words, but it brought cheer to the modest company as they ate a meal of roasted roots and lean rabbit.  Those whose mouths were not full joined in the harmony.

After Alviss sucked the last of the meal from her fingers, she turned to Andvari to comb and plait her beard.  Nearby, Ívaldi set his nimble fingers to the endless task of mending.

None heard the Elven hunters approach.

 


Chapter End Notes

Names taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dwarfs_in_Norse_mythology


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.