Children's Game by Elleth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for a picture prompt, Mirach's beautiful Suns...plash!.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

First tidings of the ruin of the Union of Maedhros come to Eglarest. Written for B2MeM 2014.

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2014

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 637
Posted on 8 March 2014 Updated on 8 March 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


(Copy of B2MeM comment--I thought you might like to have it here):

 

You did your resolve to write about the unnamed mothers proud here! Of course they are that, all three, but I think this may be the first time I read a story featuring Gwindor and Gelmir's mother. I like Mirwain a great deal and the way you've depicted her relations with Meril and Alphangil. It seems very realistic, that there is occasionally a bit of tension between them, as well as the support they are giving each other.
And how devastating for Mirwain--not just to lose Gwindor, but Gelmir all over again. And that will only grow worse when she hears more details and they sink in. I suppose she will eventually see Gwindor again (or will she?), but that is going to be a heart-wrenching encounter, too.
I would never have expected a story like this from that prompt, but you have made perfect use of it, at the beginning and in the variation at the end, where they're jumping in the dark.
(I don't know whether it was on purpose that the reveal date was on International Woman's Day, but it does seem a most fitting post!)