Quantum Song by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG 2024 New Year's Resolution Challenge, using prompts from the August Roaring Twenties bingo challenge,
Card: Die goldenen 20er
B5 - 12 tone technique, with a photo of composer Arnold Schoenberg taken by Man Ray in 1927. Variations for Orchestra, op. 31
N5 - Quantum Mechanics - colorful artistic impression of quantum mechanics

Posted on AO3 here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fingon attends a concert given by the Tirion Academic Symphony.

Major Characters: Fingon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Roaring Twenties

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 204
Posted on 28 January 2024 Updated on 28 January 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Quantum Song

Read Quantum Song

Fingon was trying new things, and there were, indeed, many new things to try. (He was also trying to be sensible about it, and not jumping into too many things -- new or old -- at once. Success was more mixed on that front.) Today's new thing was music, and only new -- he thought -- in the sense that the pieces had been composed in the last yeni. He had neglected to take into account new understanding of physics-as-Song. Quantum Song was well beyond his own understanding, but not beyond that of the Tirion Academic Symphony. The unexpected and astonishing light-show that the music produced was still flickering in the corners of his eyes, and phrases, motifs, elements of the music -- in no key or every key, notes assembled in very different ways than he was used to (and wouldn't some of those techniques be useful on a battlefield, an avalanche-rescue, faced with a dragon) -- were tumbling around in his head, fitting together and coming apart in patterns and tessellations. He wondered if Maglor knew of it, what Finrod thought, what Caranthir would make of it. He also wanted to climb up some place high and solitary and let his mind go still.



Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.