Dispossessed by stormfallen

| | |

Chapter 1


They don’t drift apart so much as never coagulate again.

 

Celegorm vanishes into the deep woods as hastily as he can manage, before the shock of his Return (“Him first? Of all of them!?”) fully ebbs; if the hounds of Oromë howl in strange voices, they have always been a little wild.

Caranthir builds a house on a quiet hillside, and counts naught but the stitches in his tapestries; he has not ceased weaving since the first thread closed his harsh mouth forever.

Curufin lifts a hammer once—and sees only shattered fingers upon the anvil; in the Gardens, no metals haunt his hands.

Maedhros lies before Mercy Undeserved until he remembers how to cry again, then dons a dark veil of his own, padding through the halls of Fui to lend what tears he may, unnumbered as they are.

Ambarussa are never seen again—not directly—a lick of flame, trembling leaves, a fox’s scream; at the edge of perception, copper entwines fate, glimmering beyond reach.

Maglor returns with pride tempered but unquenched, with a tongue tired of laments, with many deeds of selfless kindness ready for praise, with expectations—and finds ashes, and a land long moved on.


Chapter End Notes

"Fui" is both a name of Nienna and the name of her halls in the Book of Lost Tales. Mercy Underseved is my own headcanon title for Nienna.

Amrod and Amras re-embodying only to immediately fade is kinda a Sigma move.

This is a decent bit darker than I usually headcanon their fates being (except Maedhros), but the re-embodiment order is consistent. I will say that there is no fate here that was not chosen willingly.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment