A Storm Above the Sea by SonOfMandos

Fanwork Information

Summary:

As Isildur and Elendil leave Númenor to the Falas, black clouds circle the island. A strange fortune teller makes her appearance in Tar-Míriel's garden, claiming she talks to the rain. A power Sauron does not possess. 

Major Characters: Elendil, Isildur, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Suspense

Challenges: Meet & Greet

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 658
Posted on 15 March 2024 Updated on 15 March 2024

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

This chapter was written for Matryoshka: Meet & Greet challenge.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a great set-up!

I was interested by your take on Isildur and his young-man attitudes and liked the interaction between him and Elendil.

And the mysterious female soothsayer (Uinen?) is fascinating and witchy. I like Tar-Miriel and your OFCs, too.

Oooh! Interesting moments before the storm. (Poor Isildur, it's so difficult being young!) And then Uinen coming to spy before the storm breaks was a surprise!(And cheating! it's not really fortune-telling if you're going to have a direct hand in making a prediction come true!) I like the idea of Ossë speculating about the likelihood of Sauron being on the island.

Isildur is offended you think he's young. He thinks he's adult enough, thank you very much :> Good for me, the author, his tween angst will be short-lived.

In the next chapter, stay tuned for Uinen's fortune telling and tarot reading business. She's waiting for Sauron to put two and two together and realise it's her. Sauron is preoccupied by other concerns, it's going to take him some time