Yes, please do by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Warning for allusions to what canonically happened to Finrod and Celebrian.

This was written for B2MeM 2024 as a sequel to my ficlet But There was Tea

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A moment in the recovery of Celebrian in Valinor.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 172
Posted on 16 March 2024 Updated on 17 March 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Yes, please do

Read Yes, please do

From Lorien, Celebrian and Finrod returned to Indis’s house. Indis welcomed them and then left them to themselves in the guest wing to settle back in.

Finrod regarded Celebrian, who looked almost a little lost, even though they had been guests in the same rooms not so long ago. Touch was a difficult subject for Celebrian and she had welcomed it the less, the stronger her body grew again so that she no longer depended on physical support. He was painfully aware how challenging even the most affectionate gesture could feel, to a soul so bruised, if it was ill-timed, and had retreated accordingly. Except that perhaps now, after those meetings with Este…?  Tentatively, he offered Celebrian his palm.

She hesitated, but extended her fingers, touching... Above them, one of the many bells of Valmar rang out. Celebrian jerked and almost wrenched her hand away. But instead, she seized Finrod’s hand more strongly and kept hold of it, while above their heads the bells of Valmar pealed and pealed.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm glad you feel sympathy for Celebrian here!

In this timeline, Celebrian was never dead. I know that in some fics she dies when she gets to Valinor, but in this timeline she survives the arrival, although her recovery takes a long time. She went to Lorien for healing and was permitted the company of Finrod for moral support, but she hasn't been to Mandos.