Flowers in Amber by IgnobleBard

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For Adlanth.

Thanks to Oshun for the last minute beta, and for all her help and support.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond travels to Ost-in-Edhil to warn Celebrimbor to be wary of strangers bearing gifts.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 8, 240
Posted on 17 June 2015 Updated on 17 June 2015

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This story owes a big shout out to Pandemonium's portrayal of Annatar in his Ost-in-Edhil days. I tried to make the character my own, but there's no denying the inspiration is due to her.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It was so much fun sinking into this story and your portrayals not just of the characters and relationships here (and the politics!) but also the everyday life of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain in Eregion. I loved Celebrian's cameo; I don't think I've seen anyone play up "Noldorin interests" before in fic, which is a pity because it works really well, as you've shown. Elrond's voice was wonderfully relatable, and I loved seeing her, Celebrimbor, and Annatar through his eyes. 

“See? What’s a little dampness between friends?”

Aww :D

The vision clouded before his eyes and he foolishly took it as a good sign. 

... damn it. *WAILS* 

Thanks so much, Klose. This was interesting to write because I tried to do a little with the city of Ost-in-Edhil and how it might have been to live in a city exploding with artisans and tons of new, creative ideas. I wrote this for a slash swap but couldn't resist having Celebrian show up as a budding smith. It's always fun to imagine what she might have been like when she was young. I'm so glad you like this, especially Elrond's portrayal. I saw him a particular way for this story and I'm glad that came through. "The vision clouded before his eyes and he foolishly took it as a good sign. ... damn it. *WAILS*" I know, right? Poor Elrond!

Thanks for your comments, Elfscribe. I actually wrote this a while back for a swap. Then I saw the Celebrimbor challenge and even though it portends a tragic future, Celebrimbor is happy in it for the most part. :-) I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I had a good time writing the individual characters in this.