Jewel of Hope by lindahoyland

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Galadriel muses on the past and finds hope for the future.

Major Characters: Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Woman's Sceptre

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 712
Posted on 27 April 2017 Updated on 27 April 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really liked this glimpse into Galadriel's mind. The parallel between the Silmarils hoarded vs. shown to the whole world through the evenstar, and the Elessar, as yet hidden away, were fascinating! And I hadn't thought about it before, but Galadriel is now very much in Melian's position! How hard it must have been, with her knowledge of the past and so many losses, to let go of her granddaughter. But fortunately, Galadriel can see the hope in Arwen's union with Aragorn also. A very thought-provoking piece!

I had read this story before but hadn't realized that I did not leave a review here.  I think it shows Galadriel's wisdom very well.  I particularly liked this passage:

 

Her friendship with Melian had taught her many things not least the influence of the Powers beyond what the eye might perceive . She missed Melian. So many she had known and loved were now far across the sundering seas.


I'm sure that Galadriel learned a lot from her Maian friend although she was very wise herself.  And that passage made me think of the very good friends that I have lost along the path through life, with great fondness.

 

I liked that the Elessar was perhaps a sign.  There is much hopeful emotion in the last part of this story.  I enjoyed it very much.