A Hero of the Day by Robinka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story contains references to my recurring OCs: Súllinn, Miniel, and Brandor. I think you should be able to follow the story, even if you have not read anything featuring them previously. But if you find yourself puzzled, check the endnotes.

Prompts:
A day in the life
Something unexpected
An enemy that turns a friend
Facing down fear and failing
Something that everyone wants

Title borrowed from Metallica.

Thank yous for the beta go to the most generous Himring!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Just an ordinary day out there on the Northern Marches of Doriath. Or maybe not so much…? Featuring your tall, strong, and handsome, not to mention favorite, wardens and some surprises. Written for the Matrioszka/Matrioshka challenge.

Major Characters: Beleg, Mablung, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Hero's Journey

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 295
Posted on 24 June 2017 Updated on 24 June 2017

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This is another story written for my ongoing personal challenge "to get Beleg shirtless as quickly as possible" ;)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


That is certainly a unique perspective on prompts. The characterization wins--you introduce all of the players as old friends. One feels like one owes them a warm "welcome back!" Nellas is such an odd creature, isn't she? That's one lucky dog also! I think that doggie mom is going to have a rather cushy time raising those pups.

The mood and setting and is perfect and yes, Mablung and Beleg are extremely likeable and attractive.