A Bridge to Tomorrow by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was written for the Amnesty challenge using the Sitcom prompts "we need a distraction" and "dramatic reveal." It will be the first story in this series, in which I'm attempting to write something for every 2019 challenge.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor rescues Celebrían before the orcs take her deep into their caves. Life in Imladris will never be the same.

Major Characters: Celeborn, Celebrían, Elrond, Glorfindel, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Sitcom

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 648
Posted on 30 January 2019 Updated on 30 January 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ohhh this is wonderful! I love the premise--any AU where Celebrian is okay is a good AU--and I can't wait to see where the series goes. The beginning is such a wonderful moment of Chance ("if chance you call it") that fits so well into Middle-earth.

There are a lot of little details that I really liked as well--Maglor being indignant at the idea of being hired, and Lindir taking the first opportunity to talk shop were my favorites.

And I love the idea that Maglor was a spy during the Last Alliance--that's so tantalizing!

Thank you! I've been trying and failing to write something along these lines for a while and this version finally made sense. Because Celebrían deserves better! Ooh, yes-- that's exactly what I had in mind with Maglor being there.

Thanks for pointing out your favorite details; I'm partial to Maglor's indignation myself.
Yeeessss. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before in one of my fics or not, but I've thought that for years.

What a promising premise! I really love the idea of Maglor getting involved in the events of the 3rd Age, so this was a satisfying read. The different reactions to Maglor's appearance - from pragmatism to outrage - were satisfying and convincing, too. Of course I want them all to just get along! But it's hardly likely that this would go without some resentment and suspicions on either side, so I really like how you presented the differing opinions.

I'm so sorry, I thought I commented on this when I first read it. *hangs head*

I love the premise (both because I am in favor of anything that keeps Celebrian from being abused/tramatized to the point that she sails and because I'm in favor of Maglor not being an outcast) and am eager to see where the story goes!