Fear No Darkness by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is being written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2019 and will have frequent updates.

This story is a Silmarillion-Star Wars fusion. The rating may change to Mature/Adult as the story goes on. Given I picked two darkfic cards and the general timeline of the Star Wars universe, the story functions under Choose Not to Warn. The fic will remain gen.

For Star Wars canon: this relies mainly on the Prequel and Original Trilogies, plus a little bit of material from pre-New Jedi Order Legends and possibly the first three seasons of Rebels. I have not seen Clone Wars, so nothing from there will be in here, nor will material from other Disney canon.

For The Silmarillion: the First Age timeline has been greatly compressed to fit within the Star Wars universe, from about six hundred years to three weeks aka the Imperial invasion. Other changes made to Silmarillion material are likewise deliberate.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Two years after the Empire's birth, Imperial forces led by Darth Vader devastated the Arda system. A few hundred Quendi fled the system's takeover. Among them is Maglor Fëanorian, the lone survivor of his Jedi-trained House. He has spent the past three years hiding in plain sight as a singer for a starliner cruise company. Now he is about to strike off on his own as an independent cargo pilot, unsure of what the future will bring him.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Eärendil, Elwing, Finarfin, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: B2MeM 2019

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 10 Word Count: 19, 924
Posted on 1 March 2019 Updated on 22 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

B2MeM March 1 prompt: G48, Song Lyrics 1, "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."

I20, Darkness Darkness, separation

Prompts: O72: Color Burst Red, target and Deep Thoughts, we

The Star Wars character cameoing in this chapter is Kanan Jarrus, the adult male lead from Rebels. He survived Order 66 when he was fourteen and spent the next eight years hopping from short-term job to short-term job, drinking, and pretending he was never a Jedi. He won't show up in my fic again, but I love him too much not to have him cameo.

N42: Darkness Darkness, slavery

B12: Color Burst Green, secure and Late Great Mary Oliver, wild geese are headed home again

So I've more than doubled the story's wordcount; this chapter is nearly 5600 words. Also, I think, the last of the beginning flashback chapters.

 B11: Color Burst Spectrum, snow cones and Food, stew

B7, Horror, mazes and labyrinths

For those who wondered if Lariesh would return, she's back! Also, I only have one chapter left to write (not to post), so I can definitively say this story will remain rated Teens with an overall warning for canon-typical violence.

I16, Color Burst Green, balanced

N39, Late Great Mary Oliver, "…makes me take measure of myself, one iota pondering heaven."

G57, Color Burst Indigo, truthfulness and Last Lines, "We'll think of something." -Zhan, Heir to the Empire

B10, Darkness Darknees, captivity
G48, Horror, chains, prisons, and torture
O68, Horror, footsteps and whispers
O67, Writer's Block Smash, an unexpected person on the other side of the door

I18, Song Lyrics 1, So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is amazing! I finally got around to reading this today, and you’ve built such an intriguing story already. This is like my dream crossover, combining some of my favorite universes, (universi?) so I suppose it’s no wonder I like it so much. But your versions of the characters are wonderful, and the superimposing of Arda into Star Wars is really well done. I had to laugh at Morgoth as Darth Vader!

Very excited to see where this goes!

Thank you! I was a bit worried that how I combined the canons wouldn't work for anyone else, so I'm glad to hear you think it's well done.

Star Wars is a lifelong love, so it was probably inevitable I'd end up combining them at some point. (Well, apart from the drabble I wrote for B2MeM 2012.)

I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Finally managed to catch up with this! It was an exciting ride. Love that Maglor couldn't stay hidden forever (in spite of the dire consequences... poor Finarfin, Findis and Indis ;_; ), and that Lariesh got to return. And, of course, that Maglor was reunited with his mother! It's tantalising to imagine that their little colony will remain hidden and perhaps grow into something more powerful, something that may help to play its own role in the fall of the Empire...
In short, I very much enjoyed this crossover! Thanks for taking us along!

Thank you! Dire consqueneces indeed; as much as I would have liked to have Finarfin live, it just wasn't in his cards.

It *is* tantalizing to think about the colony helping in the larger fight, but I tend to think that it'll end up needing to stop any activity in order to protect themselves. But after the Empire falls, they'll happily participate in the mop-up actions.

Thanks for reading!