Enderi 3018 by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was written for SWG's final challenge of the year, Season's Greetings: create a fanwork in which one (or several) of the holidays of Middle-earth plays a role. I chose Enderi, which may or may not be a harvest festival as pretty much the only thing we know about it is that they were days more or less unique to the Elven calender, but they happen in the beginning of October.

My thanks to Grundy for helping with the dates.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor is tasked with a mission.

Major Characters: Elrond, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges: Season's Greetings

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 268
Posted on 9 December 2019 Updated on 9 December 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Congratulations on completing this series! That was a real challenge of challenges!

I think you brought it to a very satisfactory conclusion here, with Maglor not only integrated in the celebrations but also entrusted with vital concerns. 

This is such a great conclusion to the series! I love the image of Bilbo taking over the kitchen for some proper hobbit food. And I also really like that after such a rocky start with Gandalf, it's implied that Maglor's going to be the one to pick him up out in the wild and bring him back to Rivendell.

AND it's everyone who trusts Maglor now to participate in something of this magnitude! "WE trust you" says Elrond, not merely "I" and I love that so much.