A Tale of One City by Aria

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“ It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. ”

Once upon a time in the city of Gondolin there lived a folk who could neither enter nor leave their City, all depended upon secrecy. But what happens when a folk have to stay in one place and one place alone?

Hopelessness? Melancholy? Do they turn to despair? Or do they surprise even themselves with how they can attempt to look outside the box? Do they start feeling sick of how the world turns never in their favour and do they become a revolutionary of a different ilk than all their predecessors? Because surely not just the Noldorin nobility were revolutionarily inclined?

A slice of life fic with Gondolindrim politics that happens when you combine multiple Back to Middle-earth prompts and then forget to post.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 556
Posted on 2 January 2021 Updated on 2 January 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.