The Follower by Ivanneth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

WIP, begun way back in '02 and most unlikely to ever be completed. Maedhros/Fingon, because that's what it's all about.

 

First published: December 18, 2003

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The story of Fingon

 

Major Characters: Caranthir, Celegorm, Fingon, Maedhros, Maglor, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 19, 774
Posted on 17 September 2011 Updated on 13 April 2012

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I am thrilled to find this story posted here. It was one of the first stories I ever read of Fingon and Maedhros and I still love it as much or more than I did the first time I saw it. Bravo! Made me fall in love with both of them--a condition which also persists for me to this day.

Oh, fantastic! I read this story over ten years ago on ff.net, and I had no idea that it was now here - and that you wrote new chapters for it! Let me use this chance to thank you for this wonderful vision of Feanor's house, as well as the relationship between (above all) Maedhros and Fingon, but also their parents and the other brothers. The coloured glass! The warm and crowded hall! The lack of decorum! Your description of Fingon's strained relationship with his father stuck with me and has become a solid part of my own view of Fingon's childhood. Again, thank you so much for writing and sharing this. I hope you may feel inspired to add more to this story at some point. All the best!