The Tale of Melilaurë and Mélaurel by Iavalir

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Ardor in August 2012.

Since Elemmírë is never explicitly stated as a male or female, so in this story she is actually both. I got the idea when Tolkien invented the word for hermaphrodite in his notes; I always wondered if there was such an elf in his tales that he never got around to writing about. 

Also, I am going by Tolkien Gateway’s assertion that Gildor may have been a servant to the House of Finrod.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Under the roof of misfortune, an elven lord and a servant unite in their love, against the customs of the Eldar. But their bond is entangled in the curse of the once-respected family, and the slightest move out of line could cost them both. 

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Caranthir, Celebrimbor, Celegorm, Curufin, Elemmírë, Fëanor, Finrod Felagund, Gildor, Maedhros, Maglor, Nerdanel, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 24, 914
Posted on 7 August 2012 Updated on 7 August 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.