The Tale Of The Telerin Flute Player by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Originally written for my last B2MeM prompt: flute playing.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the War of Wrath, Maglor's wife, a musician of Telerin descent who remained behind in Valinor, learns that her husband has written his most famous composition while in Middle-earth--and that it is entitled Noldolante: The Fall of the Noldor.

Major Characters: Elemmírë, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 536
Posted on 26 October 2012 Updated on 26 October 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I don't know. I can't help but feel so sorry for her.

I sympathize completely. Understand her anger. I love Maglor as much as the next person, but...well, even after everything he's still recieving notoriety.

And at the end how she sits back as if to consider her feelings on her husband and his composition and everything that has passed. At least I hope that was what she was doing and I didn't read too much into it.

Yes, that is what she is doing, at the end: sit and consider her feelings about Maglor and everything that has passed. His composition turned out not to be as she had believed at first, when she had only heard about it, and that is making her take a fresh look at the whole situation. I think it will take her some time to work through her feelings, but she's made a start.

Thank you!