Finellach by Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I feel like I should put down somewhere that, yes, I know that at the last count, Gil-galad is the son of Orodreth. But since I like the idea of Gil-galad as the son of Fingon, that's what I'm using. Besides, BRAID FLAME, son of HAIR SHOUT! What could be more perfect?

Gil-galad's yacht is vaguely modeled on Charles II's HMY Mary, which sunk in 1675, presumably from partying too hard. (It did not sink from partying too hard.)

What is a sucket fork, you may ask? It is this delightful piece of flatware, that desperately needs to get back into fashion. Sporks don't even compare.

The inspiration to this fic come from Ivor Gurney's WWI poem, "To His Love". Something about it really spoke to me about Gil-galad and Elrond -- the story itself was originally from Elrond's point of view. But then I realized that I had never written anything about Gil-galad -- and now here was my chance! Cover him, indeed.

 

Ever-lasting thanks to Elleth, my friend and able beta. ♥

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gil-galad learns to face his destiny -- but he isn't alone. Written during Ardor in August 2015 for LuxaLucifer. 

Major Characters: Círdan, Elrond, Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 8, 336
Posted on 31 August 2015 Updated on 31 August 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.