Little Spiders in the Woods by LadyBrooke

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Morwë and Nurwë may have been left behind with the rest of their family with no knowledge of events in Valinor (and little of what happens in Doriath), but the servants of Morgoth roam their woods as well.

Major Characters: Morwë, Nurwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Behind the Scenes

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 450
Posted on 13 November 2017 Updated on 13 November 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Elenwë? ;)

I really liked this! Nurwë has good reason to be suspicious - about the Valar as well as about the fate of Denethor. I also liked that Morwë is aware of the unchaining of Melkor despite the lack of contact, and that you let your Avari see a faint glimmer of the Trees (enough to note its absence, anyway)! I really hope the spiders are too busy getting to the coast to hurt these two... :/

Make that most! And the perils of posting late at night - I'll go edit my author's note, but I did account for her, though it's probably incredibly boring for anyone not me and relies on the Noldor and Vanyar having inheritence along the male line, but the Sindar, Teleri, Silvan, and Avari letting inheritence descend along either line (which also explains Dior).

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Morwë was probably aware that Melkor was up to his old tricks long before anyone in Valinor was, so contact would have likely benefited them more ("So there's orcs running around killing us and trying to return to their master, but you're trusting Melkor to wander your island talking to everyone. Maybe someone should try to keep an eye on him?"). The spiders are too busy getting to the coast to hurt them! Both live another day, at least (and Nurwë lives a great deal longer :P).

Thank you! I'm glad it's interesting. Finwë is Nurwë's brother in this story. Denethor is the same Denethor mentioned in the Silm for roughly two paragraphs, who led some of the Nandor west to Doriath, became allies with Thingol, and ended up dying in battle in Doriath at roughly the same time as Finwë's death and the Noldor's rebellion in Valinor. Denethor sends tiny trace amounts of news back, but not that much.

Nurwë later meets Maglor! It is interesting, and Maglor is slightly confused by this unknown family but also "...well, you would have been Aredhel's favorite great-aunt ever".

Thanks, Himring! No, they don't die in this attack - Morwë and a different daughter die later (he's the main, though there unnamed, character in Obsidian to Cut and Tyranny of Family (from B2MeM)). There he's a little more bitter, after being dismissed as just one of the Avari. ...I really need to figure out a name for him in his dialect, because he's just going to keep showing up. 

All surprise over Melkor's betrayel could have been stopped by somebody asking the Avari what was going on. :P