Darkness and Light by grey_gazania

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fingon's wife and daughter face their grief in the aftermath of the Nírnaeth Arnoediad.

Major Characters: Unnamed Female Canon Character(s), Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, General

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 142
Posted on 18 September 2018 Updated on 1 June 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I coold see that young girl, lying on the roof, watching the stars, feeling so lost. I'm not sure I should say I loved this, because it was so very sad, but you brought all that loss and emotion to life. I really liked the description of the Dagor Bragollach, it's different in a child's memory to the other accounts I've read.

And Ereiniel asked the same question I have many times since I first read that unequal fight: why did he do it? That wasn't like runing at Sauron with a spear in desperation during a major battle, it was lone and desperate and just so damn unlikely to succeed.

So sad. I'm glad at least they managed to talk, up there on the roof, and maybe Ereiniel will take comfort in the stars again, one day.

If Lalwen died in the defence of Barad Eithel during the Dagor Bragollach, as well as Hador, and also Aegnor and Angrod, that would be an additional motivation for Fingolfin to do what he did, even if it doesn't exactly explain.

I hope Ianneth's family survived and manage to escape!