Will you remember who kissed you by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG's Pride Challenge, for a poetry prompt (Langston Hughes' April Rain Song).

The piece features an established relationship between my two female protagonists, who have already appeared elsewhere in my stories, and is set in early Numenor.

There is very little sexual content.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Yavien, great-granddaughter of Elros, is summoned to her long-time lover's deathbed, in the fisher village of Nindamos.

(Now with extra drabble on footwear)

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Yávien

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Pride

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 426
Posted on 7 July 2019 Updated on 14 July 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The great-granddaughter of Elros who travelled and explored Numenor and the love she found in a fisher village during one of her journeys--talking about shoes.

A drabble featuring the same protagonists that I had written some time ago and discovered I had not cross-posted, when I posted this story, so I've now added it here.

Chronologically earlier, obviously!

No warnings.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you very much, Oshun!

It was difficult to get myself into the right set of mind for an April rain prompt, sweltering as I was, until I realized I could use it for contrast!

I've now added a drabble to this piece which is more cheerful. (It was actually written some time ago, but I realized I had not cross-posted it yet.)

I'm almost crying. After I laughed out loud at the healer who justified her curiosity with the possibility of a medical crisis!

I enjoyed this. The details about the inside-out clothing and turned-around shoes! The way everybody knows about their relationship and is completely fine with it! The invocation!

I hope young Zimrahin is going to enjoy her travels, once she has worked through her grief.

I'm glad you enjoyed this!

I'm afraid Numenor in general is a bit more homophobic than this, even at this period, in my take on it.

But it seemed to me that in a village like this, they might just get used to this particular couple, although perhaps without spelling things out to each other too much.

(Obviously, in some situations, being a princess can be a help.)

Yavien and Zimrahin will be good travel companions. Yavien is planning to get a contract drawn up to secure Zimrahin's future (basically, an adoption contract disguised as a work contract).