Dying on the Vine by Ilye

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for a B2MeM 2014 prompt:

"And these trees grew and grew, till the shadow of each was like a green hall, and their red berries in the autumn were a burden, and a beauty and a wonder."
– The Two Towers, "Treebeard"

In many parts of the world, autumn brings with it some of the most beautiful scenery of the year, yet that beauty is also touched with sorrow. Write or create art about something that is both beautiful and tragic.

Author's Notes: The voices in my head narrate in Silmarillion canon; Fingon is Gil-galad’s father.

Huge thanks to Maybe, for poking this in its numerous iterations, and to Keiliss, for smoothing, polishing and help with the story flow.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the start of the Second Age, Gil-galad and his mother have a frank conversation about Fingon whilst Maedhros passes from politics into history.

Major Characters: Gil-galad, Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2014

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 374
Posted on 2 March 2016 Updated on 2 March 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.