Perception by Ysilme

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Character: Annuil (OMC)
Conent: Gapfiller, Third Age, past injury
Disclaimer: This is a work of transformative fiction based on JRR Tolkien’s creation, done purely for enjoyment. No infringement is intended and no money is being made.
Notes: Written for the B2MeM 2017 board game for the first prompt of the green path.

Some readers of my story The Meaning of Snow asked what had happened to the OC Annuil afterwards. This is a short sequel answering that question. It isn’t necessary to have read the story to understand this, all you need to know is Annuil is a warrior from the Greenwood who had been caught in a rockslide while travelling over the Misty Mountains to Rivendell.

Many thanks to Lordhellebore for the beta. All remaining mistakes are my own.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Perception changes through past experience

Major Characters: Original Male Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2017

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 140
Posted on 13 March 2017 Updated on 13 March 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


when the snow and rocks and everything had settled down, he had known with certainty that this was the end, and he was going to die there.

I like the perspective--from someone who believes his life has ended to awakens to find that he can appreciate anew what lies before him, that tiny moments are precious.

But after that escort trip last winter, when he had nearly been killed by a rockslide in the Hithaeglir, the pain of newly-healed bones was as welcome as the boredom of routine. A dead man felt no pain, and a bored man was not fighting for his life.

Hope renewed! Well, done.

when the snow and rocks and everything had settled down, he had known with certainty that this was the end, and he was going to die there.

I like the perspective--from someone who believes his life has ended to awakens to find that he can appreciate anew what lies before him, that tiny moments are precious.

But after that escort trip last winter, when he had nearly been killed by a rockslide in the Hithaeglir, the pain of newly-healed bones was as welcome as the boredom of routine. A dead man felt no pain, and a bored man was not fighting for his life.

Hope renewed! Well, done.