The Vala, the Hound and the Elfling by Tyelca

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was intended as little Celegorm performing misschief and getting into trouble with puppy-ball-of-fluff Huan. Then this happened. Also: foreshadowing.

Written for the Taboo-challenge; prompts used: Table Manners, Food Taboos, Culture Shock and Unclean Things.

Quenya names used.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Of how Huan came to be in Celegorm's care. Features a Vala without a sense of time, a puppy that does not yet know how to behave, and a curious little Elfling wanting to speak with birds and foxes.

Major Characters: Celegorm, Fëanor, Huan, Nerdanel, Oromë, Sons of Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: Taboo

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 575
Posted on 10 February 2017 Updated on 10 February 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, this was fascinating! I could just see the innocence of Tyelco here - a pity he lost it later. *shivers* But I could see foreshadowing of that, too, in how darkly he brooded when Orome seemed to slight him on purpose. A whole year is a long time for a child, elven or human!

And baby Huan! The cutest! He made me think of my aunt's dog Pugsly, and Pugsly's sister Lacey who belonged to my grandma. Half pug, half dachshund, all trouble! Hah! :)

Thank you! Tyelco is here just a child, and I picture him as bubbly, enthusiastic, and always ready for his next adventure. In the second part, he is a little bit older, but still an innocent child who was promised what he wanted above all else and then was abandoned - I feel that these meetings with Oromë shaped Tyelco's character and determined his actions and rationalizations later in life (in my headcanon, at least).

I'm glad you like puppy Huan! Haha, I know nothing at all about dogs, but I just picture Huan the same as Tyelcormo: happy and in posession of too much energy :)