"both the Seen and the Unseen" by hennethgalad

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Melian takes Galadriel on a farewell trip

Major Characters: Galadriel, Melian

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Woman's Sceptre

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 507
Posted on 7 May 2017 Updated on 7 May 2017

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

it stands alone, but having read, say, 'One day in Doriath' would add to it.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was lovely to read. I especially like the depth of the setting--the forest, Melian's response to it, and the knowledge of it that she wants to pass onto Galadriel. I love the descriptions of the trees, the talan, the meal, the food. I like the hints and foreshadowing that do not tell us exactly what Melian knows, but there is a sense she knows a lot of the future. I really like the way that Galadriel and Melian speak of Celeborn.

Galadriel smiled 'They...all is well. His heart is as beautiful as his face, the more I know him, the more I love him. Any shadow that may fall on us will come from outside, for nothing now stands between us.'

 Melian nodded 'All is well.' she echoed. 'I am glad, for you will have great need of each other in the years to come.'

I never actually imagine Celeborn to be younger than Galadriel, but it works for you in the context of this story.

I like how you distinguish the Wood Elves from the Sindarin--great descriptions.

A pleasure to read.