Fourth Father by eris_of_imladris

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Given the ages of the characters, I'm guesstimating Elrond's mental age as late teens here.

My first time writing Elrond and Gil-galad!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One year after arriving in Gil-galad's camp, Elrond learns of the fates of Maedhros and Maglor.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Gil-galad, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: New Directions, New Year's Resolution

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 993
Posted on 1 February 2018 Updated on 1 February 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was such an emotional story. And considering this was your first attempt at writing Elrond and Gil galad I'd say you did very well and I would read more if you have it.

I especially liked Maedhros' letter to Gil galad. Him humbling himself before the High King and begging Gil galad take Elrond and Elros into his charge. Elrond's outpouring of emotion at what lengths Maedhros and Maglor are willing to go to ensure their protection etc.

Thank you for sharing.

 

Your Gil-galad is wonderful. Your Elrond is also wonderful. Your analysis of the situation feels very astute - Elrond's feeling of being a kind of prisoner, albeit a honoured one; Gil-galad's willingness to take Elrond's feelings into account and understand rather than judge. I really liked how you let them navigate this complicated mess and actively try to communicate and make things better rather than worse. Thank you!