A Trail of Things Lost by Nitheliniel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For pelinel.

Note 1: This story is the result of a collaboration with pelinel (pelinel.tumblr.com) in the Tolkien Reverse Summer Bang 2018 and her art prompt “Galadriel crossing the Helcaraxë”. Thank you for the wonderful prompt which allowed for so much creative space.

Note 2: Thanks to the wonderful people in my local circle of the Tolkien Society for letting me air my thoughts and ideas and for commenting and beta-reading!

Note 3: Character names are all in Quenya since the host of the Noldor has not yet reached Beleriand and been subjected to the indigenous Sindarin.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Betrayed by Feanor and his sons, Fingolfin's host must brave the Helcaraxë to travel from Valinor to Middle Earth. The Grinding Ice takes freely without anything being offered. It takes bodies and souls, smiles and warm feelings, it takes the last of their innocence, and their ability to forgive.

Major Characters: Aegnor, Aredhel, Argon, Elenwë, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Galadriel, Idril, Lalwen, Orodreth, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 7, 630
Posted on 26 September 2018 Updated on 26 September 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.