Dry lightning by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The quote that inspired this story:

"The wedding of his father was not pleasing to Fëanor; and he had no great love for Indis, nor for Fingolfin and Finarfin, her sons." ~ Of Fëanor and the Unchaining of Melkor

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Word of Morgoth’s latest endeavour reaches High King Fingolfin's court in Hithlum, and Fingon the Valiant eagerly rides to Ard-galen to investigate. Of course there is a one-handed, red-haired ulterior motive … Thankfully his Aunt Lalwen, the High King’s sister, comes along to keep things in check.

Story complete: the tale of how Lalwen came to accept Fingon and Maedhros. 

Many thanks to Grundy for her excellent and scientifically accurate beta!

 

Major Characters: Lalwen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges: Love Actually

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 6, 170
Posted on 9 March 2019 Updated on 14 March 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This chapter contains a graphic description of dead bodies.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! You're conveying the oppressive atmosphere of the impending storm and the horrid discovery of the burned messengers very effectively. I could almost imagine the stench, too!
I love the idea of Lalwen as an expert biologist (and Fingon her student!), and I love how she is aware of the natural dangers brought by the storm, while she has no idea (yet?) what they're up against. Looking forward to the next chapter!