From the Sun\'s First rising

Series compiled by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Tales of the Fëanorians in Beleriand.

Series Information

Summary:

Tales of the Fëanorians in Beleriand.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "From the Sun\'s First rising"

This is a Writing fanwork

The King's Peace by Idrils Scribe

Warnings: No warnings apply

In the dead of Hithlum's icy winter a battered Maedhros restores what peace he can to himself and his people, much to his brothers' chagrin.

This story is a gift for Dawn Felagund, who requested Fëanorian family dynamics, but without the holiday fluff. Consider this one a most unfluffy palate cleanser ;-)
Many thanks to Grundy, who did a wonderful and very thorough job beta-ing this story. All remaining mistakes are mine.

This is a Writing fanwork

In Silence And In Song by Idrils Scribe

Warnings: No warnings apply

Welcome to Mereth Aderthad, the Feast of Reuniting! The High King of the Noldor is throwing a truly spectacular party. Tables are set with silver, Beleriand's finest wines sparkle in crystal glasses, and Fingolfin eagerly awaits his guests. Invitations were sent far and wide, but how many will turn up? And is that a dark, terrible secret tucked away behind the festive greenery?

This story is a holiday gift for Dawn Felagund, beta-reader extraordinaire, who requested a meeting between Maglor and Daeron and a look at Fingolfin. The story has both, though Lalwen insisted on doing most of the talking. 

Many thanks to Grundy for the excellent beta!

This is a Writing fanwork

The Art of Speech Through Smithcraft by Idrils Scribe

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Whenever Celebrimbor dared to dwell on what awaited in the Halls of Mandos, he expected punishment. He was no Kinslayer, but some of his deeds in life might be considered grave crimes in their own right.
He had been wrong. When the Doomsman summoned the fëa that once was the son of Curufin to his grim presence, all he asked was a simple question.
"Tell me a story."
Celebrimbor could not help but obey.
 
The tale, in his own words, of how a young Celebrimbor rode to war for the first time, and began the slow disintegration of his relationship with his father.

This is a Writing fanwork

Three Golden Hairs by Idrils Scribe

Warnings: No warnings apply

"From her earliest years Galadriel had a marvellous gift of insight into the minds of others, but judged them with mercy and understanding, and she withheld her goodwill from none save only Fëanor."
Unfinished Tales

What the hell happened between those two? The Hair Incident, told in all its sordid glory.

A Holiday gift for Anoriath and Dawn Felagund, the greatest betas any writer could wish for. Many thanks to Grundy for the beta!

This is a Writing fanwork

Dry lightning by Idrils Scribe

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Word of Morgoth’s latest endeavour reaches High King Fingolfin's court in Hithlum, and Fingon the Valiant eagerly rides to Ard-galen to investigate. Of course there is a one-handed, red-haired ulterior motive … Thankfully his Aunt Lalwen, the High King’s sister, comes along to keep things in check.

Story complete: the tale of how Lalwen came to accept Fingon and Maedhros. 

Many thanks to Grundy for her excellent and scientifically accurate beta!