B2MEM 2019 Double Drabbles by eris_of_imladris

| | |

N45

Summary: Ulfang’s wife reflects after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad.

Prompts: Overcoming trauma, wife of Ulfang.

No warnings.


She sees them as they were, her husband and sons, noble and honest and honorable as she knew them. Especially Ulfang. It was what drew her to him, and kept her by his side even as the world erupted in turmoil. She loved the glint in his eyes when he had an idea, the depths his mind could go.

She remembers his voice saying that he married her for her mind, and even when some curse his treachery, she stands firm like she knows he would want her to, ignoring the tears threatening to spill at any moment.

Strange, but it helps when the backstabber of Angband denies her people their land, the food and water many of them fought for rather than allegiance to any man. She puts her past life aside and does what is right for others, no matter how fresh her loss is.

The pain of imagining his final moments never quite leaves her. It swoops in when she least expects it, breaking out of the dusty ground with fragile stems or pattering down her arm as rain. But she has no choice but to go on. She endures, she leads, even as she is forgotten.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment