B2MEM 2019 Double Drabbles by eris_of_imladris

| | |

N37

Summary: Fëanor prepares for a crucial test at the end of his apprenticeship.

Prompts: Text anxiety.

No warnings.


Fëanáro took a deep breath as he walked into the forge. Everything looked the same as it always had, but today, even the air felt different.

Confidence was his usual way. There was nothing he couldn’t do, at least here. But now, when others would be looking at him and judging his every movement, would his skill be enough to carry him across the finish line he yearned for.

The test was designed to be simple, but how could it be? He would have to execute everything perfectly, find a way to show everything he could do, and ensure that he would be thought of with confidence as a fully-fledged smith. Nothing mattered more than this, in that moment. Other worries could return later.

The heat was stifling at first, then refreshing as he began to lose himself in his work. Thoughts bounced around his mind, several times nearly getting out of control, but each time, he managed to pull himself back. This, at least, he knew he was good at. This, he knew he could do.

Smiles were quick to come, and so were results. Now, he could be recognized in his own right. Now, he could truly shine.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment