Homecoming by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Combines the 'Textual Ghosts' and 'Use an LLA prompt' prompts from SWG Block Party. I'm using Olwë's wife (Eärwen's mother) as my textual ghost, and using the April 11 LLA prompt.

Also, I am posting a draft that's not what I would normally call finished because Word is being a donkey's bottom and refusing to save. (If there are any ridiculous typos, please let me know.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The ships bearing the Army of the West are returning to Alqualondë. Eärwen's mother is waiting.

Major Characters: Eärwen, Finarfin, Olwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Block Party

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 160
Posted on 20 April 2020 Updated on 20 April 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you!

Eärwen didn't do much fighting - she was the commander of the Telerin fleet that got the Army of the West to Beleriand, and transporting the armies from Balar to the mainland once they were there. 

Gildor's parentage is central to Dancing in the Dark - nearly all of my stories are in the same continuity (in my head, at least.)

Some juicy speculations here! And also some heartbreaking thoughts. We always think (or I do, anyway) that Galadriel et al. were right to stay in Middle-earth, but rarely think about what that decision meant to the people who thought that their children, husbands, etc. would finally come back home.

Thank you!

Yes, I feel like as natural as it seems to us that the elves we saw in LotR would stay in Middle-earth, it must have been anywhere from disappointing to heart-breaking to the family waiting for them in the West. It took courage of a different kind to let them go once, not knowing what they faced, than to leave them and return to safety after seeing what they'd been through.