Stigmas by Robinka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A stabber in the dark, treacherous to foes, faithless to friends, and a curse unto his kin. Túrin Turambar: master of doom; by doom mastered.

A series of drabbles originally written for the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge at OSA. Túrin's POV.

Major Characters: Beleg, Finduilas, Gwindor, Nienor, Saeros, Túrin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 952
Posted on 26 June 2007 Updated on 26 June 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh what a great interpretation of this turning point, Túrin with the outlaws, having experienced the other side.

 <i>Fare thee well. You may say I am a fool, but I am not the only one. </i>

I think that sums it up nicely, yet, Túrin's leadership made sense to me in the book and his decision here as well! 

*shudders* A most excellent series, binka! I've always thought about re-interpreting the seven sins into a story, but it's a more difficult task than it seems: to do it well and without cliches. And you've certainly accomplished that.

Turin's voice here is strong and so clearly him - full of brooding introspection and hubris, as you might expect. It's brilliant to see his thoughts throughout these monumental moments of his life. My favourite is "Turambar", I think, which is making me re-think my 'no-incest' manifesto. *g* (Actually, Turin/Nienor is kind of hot in a completely damaged and messed up sort of way...)

But all these drabbles are exeptional. Very well done, thanks for linking this at LJ. :D 

Binks, you make Túrin look like the leader of the bad guys pack. His wrath is just oozing of the screen here, his words are so clipped, filled with anger about wrong doings as underneath his deep grief, he resorts to 'you got in the way of my personal vendetta with him He shall pay!'. Drabbling at its finest!