Findekáno the Valiant by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Response to Claudio/Darth Fingon's challenge to write how Fingon got the label of "the Valiant." Warnings: crack fic, language (somewhat crude), and could be read as foreshadowing slash (years down the road).

Major Characters: Caranthir, Celegorm, Fëanor, Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges: Ankle Biters, Family Matters

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Expletive Language

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 911
Posted on 8 June 2008 Updated on 8 June 2008

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I went for broke with this one: contains a cute little elfling, coarse language, and rude and callow youths behaving very badly.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I wrote this about three or four years ago. I'm afraid to look-- if I read it, I'll want to start editing it. I am thrilled that you enjoyed it. I recall having fun with it at the time. I wrote a couple of stories pairing Celegorm and Fingon as wicked youthful co-conspirators in the days of their wanning childhood. They were still kids and close in age whilst Maglor and Maedhros were already young adults. I can imagine their generation of family members being terrified to face up to Feanor, but Fingon the Valiant could not be--he was know for his courage, right? And later Galadriel, of course, who in my verse is both vain and ballsy.

 

 

I think this fits Celegorm perfectly. 

The one in the family who always gets himself into mischief and a whole world of trouble. Who can't seem to wrap his mind round the concept; 'No!' or 'Don't touch'

Fingon's so sweet and Celegorm really gives him a bit of a hard time. But at the same time I like seeing Celegorm in this way. It seems to suit him as a character.

The brother who has something akin to ADHD, won't listen, sit still and not much seems to phase him. A law unto himself in a sense.

Thank you for sharing this, I quite enjoyed it.