As Little Might Be Thought by Marta

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"For Maglor took pity upon Elros and Elrond, and he cherished them, and love grew after between them, as little might be thought; but Maglor's heart was sick and weary with the burden of the dreadful oath."

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2009

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 878
Posted on 7 March 2009 Updated on 7 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What  a wonderful piece and I love your interpretation of the quote from the book. I don't think its that easy to capture the 3rd kinslaying with all its concequenses - be it political or emotional - in a short piece, but you did a marvellous job with it. To me it reads that during this idling song, Maglor also deals with upcoming thoughts and realisations - just as the notes fill the room in a graceful manner. As little may be thought, yes he did try to love both kids, no matter if Elros turned him down, no matter how the inhabitants of Sirion thought of him and his family. I just feels to me that by taking in the children, he searches for redemption but this line - Or was there some sin that Maglor had forgotten, some justification from the curse that robbed him of all those he loved?- gives voice to his doubt if he ever will. However, forgive me if I read to much into this, he seizes the choice (a boon denied before) to at least try and make amends angry elfings or not.

I found this immensely touching and thoughtprovoking in a very lyrical way. Thanks for writing and sharing this!