The Wanderer by Ithilwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A bit of light verse featuring our favorite Wandering Elf, Maglor!

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 295
Posted on 8 June 2009 Updated on 8 June 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm glad you enjoyed it, Dawn.  I don't like the thought of Maglor wandering alone forever, either; of all the brothers, he's alway struck me aas the one most deserving of a merciful end - and just because the Silmarillion writer says he 'came never back among the people of the Elves' doesn't mean that's true.  (If you ever DO spot him on the Ocean City boardwalk, though, please let me know!)

A lovely piece. The rhyme felt natral and smooth throughout, and the meter worked very well, though at times I felt you compensated the content of each line in order to stay with form. I did like how you became more personal in the last stanza, switching from an omniscient out-of-story narrator to an in-story conversation, as it worked very well and gave the end a rounded feel.

Maglor's characterisation throughout this poem was perfect, in my opinion. In describing him, you managed to make readers feel at his troubles in a charming manner.