Eönwë Among the Edain by Fiondil

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Eönwë has been chosen to teach the Edain who will go to Númenor what they need to know to succeed in their new life, but he’s not too happy about the assignment.

Major Characters: Ainur, Círdan, Elros, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Akallabêth in August

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 333
Posted on 1 August 2009 Updated on 1 August 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was a fun read, full of humourous moments.  I'll be looking forward to the rest of your Ak-in-Aug stories for more of the same.  But despite the humour, it was nice to see Elros develop from the error-prone goof of his first appearance to the more competent leader of Men at the end, ready to step into his role as the great first king of Númenor.

I loved this story. It was fun to see the events from Eonwe's perspective and how he grumbled about having to be the teacher. Elros was hilarious! But it was also very interesting to watch all the other variables playing into the story, like Elros' feelings of inadequacy, his relationship with Elrond, the Valar's pov... Very nice work!