W by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Actually I have got only short piece for the "Words of Wit and Whimsey" challenge yet, for the prompt word "wain". But I have vague ideas for two others, so I have created an anthology, just in case they get written.

 

Update: I have now added a second, rather different piece for the prompt "walrus".

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Short pieces for the "Words of Wit and Whimsey" challenge. 

I. Wains

II. The Walrus That Went South

Major Characters: Men

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Family, Fluff

Challenges: Words of Wit and Wisdom

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 467
Posted on 30 March 2021 Updated on 14 April 2021

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

A glimpse of a female Wainrider and her younger sister on their retreat eastwards, after attack.

No warnings, except for a hint at a darker background.

An unlikely explanation for the unprecedented appearance of a walrus in Tenby, South Wales.

What does a walrus have to do with Tolkien? More than perhaps you think.

 

For the prompt "walrus", obviously.

General, no warnings (except a tiny bit of language, I guess)

 

The walrus is a real one, although zoologically inaccurate ("Wally the Walrus"); the Maiar are by Tolkien.

Now with related art!
See Whimsical Walrus Works for two charming drawings of Wally, one on the trip south and one enjoying that nice slipway at Tenby! Thank you so much, Bunn!

 

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.