Warping Arda by Clodia

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Disclaimer: I am not J. R. R. Tolkien and I do not own Middle-earth.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A collection of drabbles, mostly written for the LJ comm Tolkien_Weekly.  Some of these drabbles received awards in MEFA 2010; see inside for details.

10. Good as New.  Glorfindel, his father and a piece of the past.  One drabble.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Beren, Celeborn, Celebrían, Daeron, Dior, Dwarves, Eilinel, Elrond, Elu Thingol, Erestor, Glorfindel, Goldberry, Idril, Lúthien Tinúviel, Melian, Original Character(s), Sauron, Tom Bombadil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 10 Word Count: 5, 689
Posted on 1 January 2010 Updated on 8 January 2012

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Nine drabbles written for tree prompts.

Written for Linda Hoyland and the prompt: what if Lúthien and Arwen could meet?

Ten drabbles written for extreme and wintry weather prompts.  The drabbles 'Dawn' and 'Dusk' from this set received first place in MEFA 2010 (Times: First Age and Prior: Mixed Drabbles).

MEFA banner

Three drabbles plucked from the ruins of Gondolin; thanks to Thranduil Oropherion Redux and Virtuella for the prompts!

A dyer's garden of drabbles; thanks to Aislynn Crowdaughter, Thranduil Oropherion Redux and Ignoble Bard for the prompts!  This set of drabbles received second place in MEFA 2010 (Genres: Character Study: Drabble Series).

MEFA banner

Eleven drabbles for film prompts.  Everything reminds Erestor of the ages of the stars...  This set received second place in MEFA 2010 (Times: First Age and Prior: Mixed Drabbles).

MEFA banner

Sauron's "black thoughts" in Tol-in-Gaurhoth. This was written for the [info]tolkien_weekly prompt, 'Loving Companionship', but since it doesn't fit with the rest of the drabbles I'm doing for this challenge I thought I'd post it separately here now.

Five drabbles written for [info]tolkien_weekly's A Season of Gifts challenge.

Six drabbles written for [info]tolkien_weekly's Tangled Web challenge. From a frosty start to shared sorrows.

One drabble written for [info]engarian months ago, recently rediscovered in a dusty file.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you for reading and for commenting so kindly!  This was the first time I'd tried drabbling, so it's wonderful to hear you liked the result.  (And it's even better to hear you like Melinna; she's my ongoing OC, so reassurance of her likeability always makes me bounce happily.  ^^)

Ah...continuity, love it!  I'm hoping this is linked to The Lonliness of the Fishermouse story?  Nightingale pillows and a new tapestry of Luthien.  I love it when authors pull details from other stories and weave them into new.  And I do love your Erestor.