Avar and Away by IgnobleBard

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Probably AU Genfic Swap. Read more great stories here: http://elffetish.com/genfics2010.html

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gondolin welcomes an unusual visitor.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Tuor, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 303
Posted on 2 February 2010 Updated on 2 February 2010

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Written for the Probably AU Genfic Swap 2010.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I laughed out loud more than once while reading this.  What a great story, full of hilarious little moments.  Ulmo's voice issuing forth from a flask of sea-water.  The utterly non-descript grey clothing.  The festival, sadly devoid of nudity (mostly).  Eärendil the goldfish.  The carven message on the dice.  Confusion over 'Silver Foot'.

Everything fit together perfectly, and then tied up nicely at the end. Thanks for writing this, IgnobleBard.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and am glad to be the lucky recipient of this story in the swap.

Thanks so much Darth! I really appreciate your comments. I kind of struggled with this one because I couldn't decide whether to go for all out absurdity or gentle amusement. I have to admit I wrote each of those scenes with you in mind so it's especially cool that you like those. I'm glad I particpated in your swap.

I really enjoyed this - from the message which Lotsek could doubtless recite to the trying to choose what color to wear, to the festival (sadly devoid of nudity) and 'why don't they call her Silver-Head?'

Oh, and Glorfindel and Ecthelion - and the way in which Lotsek slinks out of town! This was a really fun read!

This is wonderfully funny and a very enjoyable read.  Terrific original character in Lotheg.  Many wonderful moments.  I especially like how uncomfortable the little Avar made Ecthelion and Glorfindel, and how he was able to completely manipulate Tuor.  I found the little guy extremely engaging and wonder if you've ever written about him again?

 

Again, I enjoyed this to the max, especially, I think, because it took place in Gondolin.

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I was hoping you might like this one with the Gondolin setting. It was fun to write Lotheg interacting with all the famous folks of there and I'm glad you enjoyed his antics. I never thought about writing him again but it might be fun to have him pop up at various places in the histories.