Complete by Melesta

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by The House That Fingon Built by Himring.

Inspired by Brown Haired Man by busymagpie.

This story is inspired by the works of two other writers/artists whose work I love so much:
The first chapter invokes a scene from a wonderful Russingon comic by Busymagpie on Tumblr.
The last chapter is inspired by Himring's 'The House That Fingon Built'. One of my all-time favorite Russingon writers.

I am using all Quenya names in the first part of the story, as the characters themselves would have called each other.
Turno - Turgon, Finno/Findekáno - Fingon, Nelyo/Maitimo - Maedhros, Írissë - Aredhel, Findarato - Finrod, Makalaurë - Maglor

Names of the Valar mentioned:
Ulmo (lord of the waters)
Irmo Lórien (master of visions and dreams)
Oromë (master of the hunt and all creatures of the forest)
Yavanna (lady of all growing things of Arda)
Elentari - Varda (lady of the stars, Queen of the Valar)
Súlimo - Manwë (master of the winds and air, King of the Valar)
Namo - Mandos (keeper of the dead in the Halls of Mandos)

Rochallor - the horse Fingolfin eventually rode when fighting Melkor and died of a broken heart after the King's death. He is supposed to be a horse that reacts to the emotions of the rider. We know the host of Fëanor took Valinorean horses on the boats to Beleriand, some of which were later given back to Fingolfin as part of the reconciliation. I am taking a leap here with the horse, just for fun, and because I like epic horses.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Turukáno has come of age and discovers a bond deeper than friendship between his brother Findekáno and their cousin Maitimo. How does this impact his own life?

How does Turgon come to see the bond between Fingon and Maedhros? What does it have to do with his decisions in Beleriand, in Gondolin, and later back in Valinor? Can he cope with and forgive everything that has happened?

An attempt to explore the complex psychology of Turgon through the ages, from his own POV.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros, Turgon

Major Relationships: Fingon/Maedhros, Fingon & Turgon

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 2, 857
Posted on 26 May 2021 Updated on 9 September 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.