Their Ancient Friendship

Series compiled by Melesta

| | |
Series Information

Summary:

Ongoing Russingon-centric exploration of the Finwëan family dynamic. Maedhros and Fingon throughout the ages and those who loved them dearly.

Stories can be read independently.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships: Fingon/Maedhros

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "Their Ancient Friendship"

This is a Writing fanwork

Song by Melesta

Warnings: Sexual Content (Moderate)

When Fingon rescues Maedhros he sings a song of Valinor the Noldor made of old. How did that song come to be?

As a young minstrel, Makalaurë performs a Song of Power for the first time. His music changes irrevocably the destiny of his older brother Maitimo and his cousin Findekáno.
How do Maglor and Fingon use Songs of Power in Beleriand?

This is a Writing fanwork

Loyalty by Melesta

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Írissë and Findekáno have always been close and understand each other well, and not only for the love they share for certain Fëanorian cousins.

How does this sibling love evolve between Aredhel and Fingon in Beleriand? What stands behind some crucial decisions for the White Lady of the Noldor?

A few heart-to-heart conversations between these two valiant Nolofinweans. And then some. Aredhel's POV.

This is a Writing fanwork

Complete by Melesta

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Turukáno has come of age and discovers a bond deeper than friendship between his brother Findekáno and their cousin Maitimo. How does this impact his own life?

How does Turgon come to see the bond between Fingon and Maedhros? What does it have to do with his decisions in Beleriand, in Gondolin, and later back in Valinor? Can he cope with and forgive everything that has happened?

An attempt to explore the complex psychology of Turgon through the ages, from his own POV.