Loyalty by Melesta

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I am using all Quenya names in the first part of the story, as the characters themselves would have called each other.
Írissë - Aredhel, Finno/Findekáno - Fingon, Nelyo/Maitimo - Maedhros, Tyelko/Tyelkormo - Celegorm, Curvo - Curufin

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Írissë and Findekáno have always been close and understand each other well, and not only for the love they share for certain Fëanorian cousins.

How does this sibling love evolve between Aredhel and Fingon in Beleriand? What stands behind some crucial decisions for the White Lady of the Noldor?

A few heart-to-heart conversations between these two valiant Nolofinweans. And then some. Aredhel's POV.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Fingon

Major Relationships: Aredhel & Fingon, Aredhel + Celegorm

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Family

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 2, 014
Posted on 27 May 2021 Updated on 9 September 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Turgon constructed Vinyamar, a seaside city in Himlad, sometime before F.A. 50. Aredhel dwelt there with him and Idril before moving to Gondolin in F.A. 116. At this time, Fingon is a crown prince and Lord of Dor-lómin. Maedhros and his brothers reside in East Beleriand.

Himlad was the land of Celegorm and Curufin. Tolkien tells us that Aredhel stays in Himlad twice. The first time after departing Gondolin, when Celegorm and Curufin were away hunting with Caranthir in Thargelion. Aredhel stayed with Celegorm's people for some time but got restless and kept riding east. She got lost in Nan Elmoth, Eöl's dark forest. The second time she visits Himlad, Aredhel and Maeglin were on the run from Nan Elmoth. They stayed briefly with Celegorm who gave them horses to get back to Gondolin.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.