To Give and Receive by Narya

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A prince, his butler, and a pair of unexpected gifts.

A fluffy ficlet written in response to the 'Dear Irmo' challenge at the Silmarillion Writer's Guild.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Caranthir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, General

Challenges: Dear Irmo

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 682
Posted on 19 September 2021 Updated on 19 September 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Narya has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


My sister once said (only partly tongue-in-cheek) that you should give gifts you yourself like so if the recipient doesn't like it you can always take it back. This takes that idea to whole other, and cherishable, level!

There is also the idea that it's nicer to gift experiences rather than material things, and in gifting a raw material such as yarn one is giving the recipient both the enjoyable experience of working with it as well as the option of the joyful experience of giving it as a gift to someone else, no matter if it's returned to the original gifter. (Yes, I'm one of those people who gets overly excited when I find a lovely gift and never bother to wait for birthdays to give them!)