Beyond the Western Shore by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Holiday Party prompt for November 18: By The Sea

And also for this past July's Tolkien Short Works thematic prompt "sea shell", as a response to Himring's wishlist.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In her wanderings through Aman, Minyelmë comes to the farthest shore.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, General

Challenges: Holiday Party

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 481
Posted on 18 November 2021 Updated on 18 November 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I think this is a really excellent and original response to the "By the Sea" prompt!

And I see now that you stated here explicitly that this was in response to my wish list that you filled the "sea shell" prompt. 

Apologies for missing that earlier!

(I did thank you over at tolkienshortfanworks but wasn't entirely sure whether it might not be coincidence that you picked up that prompt, as they do go so well together, don't they!)

I've bumped into this ficlet again and although the imagery has kept coming back to my mind from time to time, I've enjoyed it even more reading it again.

I think I relate so much because I always used to do just this myself: wander off in relatively unexplored regions alone, gathering bumps and bruises (evidence of fun-having-been-had), feeling the energising power of the wind, gasping at a new unexpected view that appears as a rise is crested, exploring the tiny treasures found along the way, selectively pocketing a few mementos...

These are the places where deeper thoughts take on deeper colours.

And much as I love them, I love knowing a warm home is also waiting for me.