Faithful by Fernstrike

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for B2MeM 2017: Night and Day. Purple path, prompt: Tyranny.

This grew far beyond what I'd originally intended! I tried to incorporate lots of elements of the lore and legendarium, and it's my first time writing anything Second Age, so I hope everything turned out well enough. I created a lot of OCs for this - I might like to explore them more in future, as well as the Akallabêth in general. It is rated teens because of the way it is written (not such explicit violence etc), but please see the warnings. It is set in Sauron's Númenor, after all.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The tenuous relationship between the King and the Elendili is coming to its breaking point. When Isildur steals the fruit of Nimloth, what follows brings the already-heavy boot of tyranny down harder upon the Faithful - especially the gifted healer, Nilûphel.

Major Characters: Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Original Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2017

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 731
Posted on 24 March 2017 Updated on 24 March 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I can't believe I missed this when you first posted it. (Actually, I feel like I read it before, but apparently I didn't comment, so I must amend that now!) Isildur's daring (and incredibly reckless) rescue of Nimloth's fruit is a story element that I love, and I love what you've done with it, recounting it through the eyes of his healer and looking at the stark consequences this deed would have for ordinary Faithful people, who are not protected by memories of ancient friendship. Niluphel's fate is a painful reminder that not all were saved, although it's a relief to know that her child was brought to safety, and that at least she wasn't burned alive. A very poignant and well-written story.