Fun and Games... by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

It's all fun and games (until someone gets hurt...)

Drabbles written for the Holiday Party Instadrabbling, Never Have I Ever and Truth or Dare prompts.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Holiday Party

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 12 Word Count: 1, 766
Posted on 2 January 2022 Updated on 2 January 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Celebrian - Never Have I Ever - Had A Threesome

Read Celebrian - Never Have I Ever - Had A Threesome

Celebrían made sure not to let any amusement show on her face.

She had expected some variation of the question from her sons now that they were old enough to explore the pleasures of the body. She just hadn’t expected they would ask if she had engaged in any threesomes. (They were certainly imagining their father had been party to any. Sadly, that was not the case. If the battle at Orodruin had only gone a bit differently…)

“Yes, I did. And I suspect the two of you will find the ellith of the Greenwood very agreeable to such suggestions.”

Elrond - Never Have I Ever - Considered Choosing Mortality

Read Elrond - Never Have I Ever - Considered Choosing Mortality

Elrond sighed. He had always expected it would be difficult to explain the Choice to his children. They would be curious, of course. It was inevitable.

He just didn’t know how to explain to Arwen that his choice had been far different than theirs. It hadn’t been something he had grown up with or always known of, it had simply been sprung on him and his brother suddenly, with no warning, and the expectation of a swift response.

He had never considered mortality in any seriousness. He had been among elves all his life. It hadn’t even been a question.

Celegorm - Never Have I Ever - Gotten Chased By An Angry Goose

Read Celegorm - Never Have I Ever - Gotten Chased By An Angry Goose

“Stop telling my son all the most embarrassing incidents from my youth!”

Tyelkormo could have stopped himself from laughing at his little brother. He just didn’t want to. Seeing Curvo this riled was hilarious. And he hadn’t even told Tyelpë any of the really good stories yet…

“Aw, lighten up, Daddikins. The kid was having fun for a change.”

If his brother had been riled before…

“If you don’t stop, I’ll tell him about the time you were treed by a goose!”

“Go right ahead. In retrospect, that was hilarious. It wasn’t even me the bird was actually angry at.”

Elros - Never Have I Ever - Felt Homesick For Middle-earth

Read Elros - Never Have I Ever - Felt Homesick For Middle-earth

It wasn’t just Elrond he missed.

Beleriand might have been dangerous, and full of fine ways to die. Toward the end of the war, there had been days when every breeze had carried the reek of death and decay. But it was still Beleriand – Sirion, and Amon Ereb, Tumunzahar, and Balar – that he thought of as home.

He knew he ought to be thinking of Elenna in those terms. They were building something to be proud of, better than anything he and Elrond had envisioned in sand on a beach or blocks in a fortress. But it wasn’t home. Yet.

Vardamir - Never Have I Ever - Wished He Wasn't The Eldest

Triple drabble

Read Vardamir - Never Have I Ever - Wished He Wasn't The Eldest

Fate had a sense of humor, in Vardamir’s opinion. At least, it did when it came to him.

He was out of place in many ways.

For a start, him being the eldest was not quite a disaster, but it was definitely a muddle at best. Tindomiel was far better suited for the Sceptre, and it wasn’t just him who knew it. He was a scholar, a lover of lore, not a leader or even an administrator. Worse, he lacked the patience with people to effectively remedy his deficiencies. Books and nature weren’t nearly so illogical or recalcitrant!

Father recognized the situation, and had subtly sounded out his council and been told that it was the eldest child who inherited his father’s estate and honors – and preferably the eldest son in the opinions of the Beorions and Hadorions. The Haladin felt otherwise, but unfortunately were not strong enough in numbers to carry their point that daughters were equal to sons. Father wasn’t happy about leaving that problem to fester, foreseeing consequence that might become dire for their descendants, but he’d made little progress.

But it was more than that. As fascinating as the young land of Elenna might be, Vardamir’s heart was drawn irresistibly to Middle-earth, and to his uncle’s people – and his grandparents, who he has only ever glimpsed from afar on the decks of a ship. The whims of the Valar when it came to his family made little sense to him. What harm could it do for his grandparents to speak to their sons, and to meet him and his siblings? Why put Uncle’s children to the Choice but not Father’s? It was useless to dwell on, but Vardimir suspected he would have been a far more acceptable son to his uncle’s people than to his mother’s.

Ecthelion - Never Have I Ever - Had A Novel Experience With A Bar Of Soap

Read Ecthelion - Never Have I Ever - Had A Novel Experience With A Bar Of Soap

“I don’t see what’s funny about this, Laurefindil!”

“Then you’re not looking at it from the right angle,” the Lord of the Golden Flower burbled, tears of laughter in his eyes.

“The entire fountain is nothing but suds!”

“More like the entire square,” Rog said cheerfully.

Echthelion’s eyes narrowed.

“Did you put Lomion up to this?” he demanded.

“No, the boy came up with it all on his own,” Rog retorted, a note of pride in his voice.

“And of course the King will have nothing to say about it!” Ecthelion fumed.

“It’s not so bad, Ehtelë,” Laurefindil said soothingly.

Celegorm - Truth

It's said that our Fair Feanorian's heart is untamed, preferring the chase of the hunt to domesticity--but has he met his match in any such prey?

Read Celegorm - Truth

Tyelko crossed his arms, glaring at brother and cousin alike.

“I don’t see where either of you get off here,” he snapped. “Between you, you left one wife and one betrothed in Tirion. And you, Ingo, made a complete hash of your brother’s love life. I think it’s relevant.”

“You’re deflecting,” Curvo retorted. His voice was even, but there was a glitter in his eye that threatened reprisal for the mention of Silmë.

“I’m not. Just pointing out that you have stones harassing me about Lúthien under the circumstances.”

“As we have harassed you, though?”

“I plan to marry her.”

Celegorm - Dare - Face Aredhel for the first time after the Helcaraxë

Read Celegorm - Dare - Face Aredhel for the first time after the Helcaraxë

Curvo groaned in pain.

“I think she broke my jaw.”

“Doubtful,” Moryo snorted. “You’re still moving it around just fine.”

Their older brother glared at all of them. Kano hadn’t been particularly enjoying being in charge before he had to run interference between his brothers and their youngest cousins.

“I don’t know what you two geniuses expected. Tyelko, get up from the ground and knock off with the whimpering.”

Easy for you to say, nobody put a steel-toed boot into your groin!

“Be thankful it was only Irissë,” Kano suggested shortly. “And I suggest you stay well away from Artanis.”

Curufin - Truth -

What's one thing you wish you could have said to your son?

Read Curufin - Truth -

“He’ll seek you out in his own time.”

Curvo glared at his brother.

“If he intended to come anywhere near me, he’d have done it by now,” he ground out.

Tyelperinquar had also come to the Halls. So far neither his father nor his uncles had seen him. Namo would not tell them anything of how he had died.

To say Curvo wasn’t taking it well would be an understatement on par with saying their father hadn’t handled his father’s death well.

“What do you want to say to him that’s so important, anyway?”

“That I’m sorry,” Curvo whispered brokenly.

Celeborn - Dare - Teach Something To Your Grandchildren

Triple drabble.

Read Celeborn - Dare - Teach Something To Your Grandchildren

Twins. Not one, but two tiny, perfect little bundles of wonder. Celeborn had heard the mannish phrase “over the moon”, but this was the first time he’d experienced something like it. It eclipsed even Celebrían’s birth.

His darling daughter was as amazed and delighted at what she and Elrond had created as he and Galadriel had been about her. Doubly so, he suspected.

Galadriel had not yet come downstairs. She meant to sing daughter and grandsons both to sleep.

There were not so many of them to gather, but what family remained had all been present for the birth.

“I suppose they’ll be taught all the Noldorin prudery and nonsense,” Thranduil sniffed.

Celeborn would not let even his nephew’s disdain for Elrond dampen such an amazing day.

“I daresay they will,” he shrugged.

His daughter would balance it out, though. She might have come into the light far too late to know Doriath, but she was a Sinda of the trees as much as a child of the Exiles. She knew well enough how to walk a path between the two.

“Will you teach them of the Kinslayers?” Thranduil challenged. “Ensure they know the truth of their father’s childhood?”

“Mind your tongue, young one,” Celeborn commanded sternly. “There are some things even I will not dare. Calling Elrond a liar in his own house is among them.”

“They held him captive,” Thranduil snapped. “He will never be the king he would have been, should have been but for them!”

“I am happy enough to teach my grandchildren of Menegroth, and what the land looked like before the world was changed,” Celeborn said softly. “I will not tell them their father was a prisoner, or an orphan when he does not see it so. And you will not either, Thranduil Oropherion.”

Celebrian - Truth - First Impression of Valinor

Read Celebrian - Truth - First Impression of Valinor

Valinor was a lot to take in. Or perhaps it was just that her relatives were a lot to take in.

Celebrían hadn’t had much in the way of family growing up. It had been just Ammë, Ada, sometimes Celebrimbor, occasionally Thranduil and Oropher or Gil-galad, and Gildor. That was it.

There had been so many kin awaiting her on the docks, all of them so eager, she had been tempted to go hide below decks. (She hadn’t of course. Let no one here say Celeborn’s daughter was a coward, or that she did not live up to her mother!)

Elrond - Dare - Do Something Completely Frivolous and Silly

Double drabble

Read Elrond - Dare - Do Something Completely Frivolous and Silly

Celebrían’s heart swelled at the sight.

Elrond’s feet were as bare as the child’s he was playing with, both wet to the knees from wading, and to all appearances having a grand time building a city in sand on the riverbank.

“Idhren Calardanion,” she said as sternly as she could. “Your father has been wondering where you were this last hour!”

Boy and man both startled, looking equally guilty as they regarded her.

“I suppose as you are technically in the company of your lord, you cannot be scolded. But you should get to your dinner before it gets any colder.”

The lad didn’t need telling twice, pausing only long enough to grab his shoes before scampering off.

“As I am in fact the lord, I don’t believe I can be scolded either, my lady,” Elrond said gravely.

She could see the faint flush on his cheeks at having been caught at such nonsense.

“No, you can’t,” she told him with a smile. “Though I didn’t know you were so fond of children as to indulge Idhren for hours.”

“My brother and I used to do something similar on the shores of the sea,” he shrugged. “It was good fun.”


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.