Glorfindel by owly

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Lord Nightlight in all his shiny glory. I went for Holbein/Renaissance vibes and I think that came out okay. Painted on a Huion tablet in MyPaint.

Major Characters: Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Genre: General

Type: Character/Portrait

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 21 April 2022 Updated on 21 April 2022

Glorfindel

A portrait of Glorfindel Renaissance style. He's wearing a light blue doublet with golden embroidery and a red cloak held together with a gold brooch in the shape of a celandine.

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love the rich colors, and how very shiny gold his hair is. I also really like how you did the gold embroidery, with the three dimensionality and the way the light falls on it.

Wow! What I particularly like about him is his sense of great age with years (centuries) of experience while appearing young and hale. His clothing is very interesting with lovely details. And that is a fabulous hand!

Gorgeous!  I love the way you captured the light in his hair, as well as the embroidery and broach. I agree with Anerea that you did a particularly nice job on his hand. Love the long fingers. Also like his blue gaze looking directly at the viewer.