In the Bleak Midwinter by Maggie Honeybite

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thanks to Manon for the beta job, to AC for help with research, and to Circe for motivating me to finally get this thing written. Thanks also to Tehta for her editing help.

Notes:  meldir – friend (male)
      lirimaer – lovely one

On Elves and their resistance to the cold:  Although it is generally accepted that Elves handle cold quite well (Legolas on Caradhras, for instance), the biting chill was an essential element of this story, and one I could not simply dispense with.  Tolkien does say, in "Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin" (Unfinished Tales), that "Tuor and Voronwë were tormented by the cold" (p. 50 in my edition).  Although Tuor and Voronwë *did* have the Fell Winter to contend with, and not just any cold day, and although "In the Bleak Midwinter" is set in the Second Age, and not the First, I did not think I'd be straying too far from canon if I made Elrond suffer from the effects of the cold weather.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On a cold winter night in Lindon, things heat up between the High King and his herald for the very first time.  PWP.

Major Characters: Elrond, Gil-galad

Major Relationships: Elrond/Gil-galad

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Erotica, Romance, Slash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Sexual Content (Graphic)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 556
Posted on 22 May 2022 Updated on 22 May 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.