Letters to the West by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Warnings for discussion of past trauma (related to captivity in Angband)

Fits into TMP continuity. Also a late submission for AspecArda Week Day 3: Across the A-spectrum.

Covers the Epistolary prompt from the writing board, and I'm cheekily claiming Aubade as well, because it's about two kind of lovers who were separated and one of them is named Sunrise

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Erferil writes letters to someone who once was very dear to her.

And even if Amrûn cannot reply, the letters still comfort her.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet

Challenges: Vintage

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 506
Posted on 12 June 2022 Updated on 12 June 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Erferil is a former thrall that ends up in the House of the Hammer of Wrath. She belongs to a currently not closer specified Avarin tribe.

The first letter is written shortly after she escapes from Angband, the middle one is written shortly before they depart to Gondolin and the last one shortly after they arrive (set post Coming home).

Erferil uses a sindarinised version of her own and her correspondent's name because I felt strongly about both of them being given non-Sindarin birthnames but could not find sufficient vocabulary to make them up.

See End notes for details on their relationship


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Aw, thank you! I'm glad you like her so much!
So far she only makes a brief appearance in Coming home, and is mentioned in another fic, but I'm working on writing more!

She learns to crochet and while at this point in time I don't have any plans for a future romantic partner, she'll find loads of excellent friends in Gondolin!