Gothmog and Draugluin by pandemonium_213

| | |

Fanwork Notes

"Gothmog and Draugluin" follows the antics of two Tolkienian icons who were not all about smiting and devouring but had fun, too. Little Gothmog lives in Thangorodrim with his mom (Ulbandi Fluithuin) and dad (Melkor, Black Foe of the World). Melkor’s right-hand man and Gothmog’s babysitter -- Professor Thû ("I'm not a babysitter. I'm an observer!") -- makes appearances, too.

Gothmog and Draugluin also share this space with "Stinky Pete" Mêshûgganâscar, Maia of Mandos, and his pals.

Pandemonium_213 issues the standard disclaimer that Gothmog, Draugluin, Melkor, Ulbandi, Professor Thû, all the Elf dudes, Stinky Pete and his Maiarin pals, their Valarin bosses and whoever else shows up are the property of the Tolkien estate, and that this irreverent comic strip is drawn (badly) for fun and games but not for profit.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“Gothmog and Draugluin” follows the antics of two Tolkienian icons who were not all about smiting and devouring but had fun, too. Little Gothmog lives in Thangorodrim with his mom (Ulbandi Fluithuin) and dad (Melkor, Black Foe of the World). Melkor’s right-hand man and Gothmog’s babysitter -- Professor Thû ("I'm not a babysitter. I'm an observer!") -- makes appearances, too. Gothmog and Draugluin also share this space with “Stinky Pete” Mêshûgganâscar, Maia of Mandos, and his pals.

"Gothmog and Draugluin" appears monthly sporadically in the SWG newsletter. View the Table of Contents for a full listing of comics.

Major Characters: Draugluin, Fingon, Gothmog, Maedhros, Mandos, Melkor, Original Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Comic Strip, Humor

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 20 Word Count: 26, 029
Posted on 19 September 2010 Updated on 23 November 2012

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

"I Espy with My Great Eye!"  

Inspired by...(and a hat tip to Russandol):

Sauron, greatest and most terrible of the servants of Morgoth...took Minas Tirith by assault, for a dark cloud of fear fell upon those that defended it; and Orodreth was driven out, and fled to Nargothrond. Then Sauron made it into a watchtower for Morgoth, a stronghold of evil, and a menace; and the fair isle of Tol Sirion became accursed, and it was called Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the Isle of Werewolves. No living creature could pass through that vale that Sauron did not espy from the tower where he sat. 

 

~~ Chapter 18, "Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin," The Silmarillion

And so begins Finrod and Beren's Excellent Adventure, Chapter 1:  Ulbandi's Birthday Gift

Finrod and Beren's Excellent Adventure:  Chapter 2, "Wanna See My Dungeon?"

Drawn for Elfscribe.  

An improbable morning-after for Melkor and Fëanor. This cartoon is rated Mature for implied sexual content and coarse language.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hee!  It's the ultimate Man Cave, and yes, Thû joins them.  It's his retreat from the daily grind of sorcery and werewolf-wrangling.  He does take bookings, but just like the Hotel California, you can check in anytime you want, but you can never leave. ;^)

Thanks so much!

Oh, now, now, you're humoring me.  This is not great art work by any stretch of the imagination.  Folks oo and ah over those many glorious drawings on deviantArt (and said artwork deserves the accolades).  My stuff is nothing more than doodles.  Nonetheless, thanks!

Professor Thû is still pretty mild-mannered here.  He won't be as the story continues, that is, when Finrod, Beren, and the gang finally arrive on the scene.

I read it all in one setting (unexpected change of my schedule meant reading time). I had a good chuckle at 

- Mpreg (that was an era *ffn.net flashbacks*)
- Beer and nachos (I did think Mae looked bloated)
- Melting snow (poor Gothmog. He should move to Siberia or Canada where it's cold enough it won't melt)
- Melkor's baldness (yeah right, why would he be clipped if he's bald?)
- Thû's pc
- The last comic strip... I wouldn't trust that picture in Thû's hand. If it were 2024, I bet he'd post it everywhere on Reddit, Tiktok, Twitter...